Saturday, June 6, 2009

It's Been So Long


Oh my goodness! I can't believe I've been away so long! I Facebook everyday, all day long but never seem to have the time or patience to sit down and think up a blog post. Putting pictures on is especially daunting. I don't know why, but it is.


The past couple of months have seemed busier than ever and yet "things" are suddenly getting easier. Mr. P is now two. It feels like I've made it, so to speak. I know we have a lot ahead of us with an active two year old boy and that dreaded three year old phase but we made it through babyhood and oh, what a relief! He is so fun right now. Of course, as I say this he is chasing his oldest sister to give her a "pankin'' Why this kid is so obsessed with spankings, I have no idea. Come to think of it, I'm not sure I want to know. Could the G-monkey have anything to do with it? Let's hope not.


Speaking of the G-monkey...What a joy she has turned into! Everyday I am amazed at how sweet she is when about 6 months ago, I would gladly have lent her out to anyone who would take her! I'm not sure if it is because she is 4 1/2 now or if it is because she started "school". In any case, I'll take it! She is still stubborn and adventurous but it is now channeled into more acceptable doses. I like her! I really like her! And, I am so relieved to be able to say that!


The Princess is more princess-y than ever. By the end of the school year, she had developed a little bit of an attitude, especially with me. I really felt it had something to do with my not spending much time with her lately. Because she is the oldest and is very capable of caring for herself and because she is busy with school and always rushing somewhere, she tends to be left alone to fend for herself. She reacted to this mistake on my part by becoming almost helpless and very rude to me. Thankfully, school is now out. She has had lots of attention from me and has magically improved. I must remember this for next year.


She brought home her journal from school. What I noticed the most was how important we as her parents are to her. Anything we did for her, no matter how small to us, was monumental to her. I hope I've learned my lesson! I've resolved to do more for her at school next year. She is absolutely worth a little more effort on my part! It also helps to know that as all three of them get older, the basic care of them gets easier and I can focus more on the actual parenting of them.


As for DH and I, we hope to spend the summer improving our home. We seriously considered moving but were unable to find something that felt "worth it" as far as money and time and work goes. It will be such a major undertaking should we ever decide to move. We have been in our home for over 10 years now. There are so many memories here and so much junk! We realized that over the past 10 years we have added to our family and did all the mechanical necessities to our house but we have never focused on the things that make a house a home. So that is our focus this summer. To that end, I am sitting here looking at den walls with only wallpaper scraps hanging from them. I have to get all the wallpaper from the '90's and the layer from the '50's off and then texture the walls and paint. I can't wait to see it when it is finished but the "during" is pretty bad.


I guess I should get back to it. Hopefully, this is the first of many more posts. It's good to be back!

No comments: