Saturday, January 1, 2011

It's a New Year!

One of my New Year's resolutions is to start blogging again. So, here we go!

My other resolutions are to take the time for gratitude and let my children have friends over more often. What I mean by taking the time for gratitude is that after the past difficult months, I have found myself focusing on the negative. When something positive happens I just take it in stride and go on, but let anything negative happen and I am going to dwell on it. For a long, long time. So I am attempting to focus on the positive and be grateful for all my abundant blessings.

As for letting the kids have friends over...I really don't enjoy that at all. It doesn't matter who it is, I like my privacy. I do NOT have the gift of hospitality. When I am home, I like to be in jammies, no make-up, dirty hair, dishes in the sink, toys on the floor and laundry sorted in the hall. That is the real, relaxed me. But, it recently occurred to me that I am hindering my kids' ability to make really good friends. And my oldest is getting to the age where a best friend would be a wonderful thing. I have contact with most of my girlhood best friends through facebook and I am reminded that it is something I really want for my children. Hopefully, we'll invite a sweet girl from church and school over this week.

And, blogging...I just want a record of what our life is like. Life with three kids changes rapidly and I spend a lot of time "in the trenches" by the time I look up, I probably missed something.

What are your resolutions and the reasoning behind them?

No comments: