Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Few Random Events

Here is my post for this week. What a week! It wore me out and I'm still trying to recover.

We finished up swim lessons for the Princess. I am really looking forward to a less hectic schedule for March. She really enjoyed them though and improved her swimming a great deal.

On Friday, I volunteered at the Princess' school to help with Jump Rope for Heart. The Princess seems to have inherited my coordination or lack there of so I was pleasantly surprised to find that she is a good jumper. She was a little bummed that she hadn't won a prize but I was relieved to have dodged more junk for her room! Don't tell her that, though.

That night, some mommy friends and I got together for a grown-up slumber party. It was great fun and a good chance to unwind a little. It was also the first time I had been away from the kids for the night - EVER! Yes, the oldest is 7! Sad, I know! There is already talk of another. I do think that next time, I will drink less and sleep more. I guess I thought I was back in college for a night! No, it wasn't a wild party but for a girl who might have a drink every six months, it was a little much. At least I didn't have to be mommy that night or the next day really.

Saturday was my mommy's birthday. We went out for dinner to celebrate and then had cake and ice cream at my grandparents'. I also received my family presents that day because Sunday was my birthday. Thank you, everybody!

Sunday, I had planned to sleep in a little and let dh take the Princess to CCE, then go to church. But, we woke up early with the Monkey in our bed. She was not feeling well and had a croupy sounding cough. When the Princess woke up, she was crying that she was tired and didn't feel well. Could she please go back to bed? Being the wonderful mother that I am, I said sure, grateful that we could skip all of our morning activities. I did go shopping with my mom in the afternoon and that was very fun and successful. That night, we had pizza and watched Horton Hears a Who. The kids and dh had made a cake while I was out so we had that too. I tried very hard not to think of the sick germs that might be in there. Am I catching dh's OCD?

All in all, it was a great birthday and a busy week. I am having a little problem with this new age that I've turned but we just won't talk about it. I have been thinking of my sister a lot. She was 29 when she passed away. I should be grateful for the chance to grow older and not worried about it.

Oh, and one more thing. I gave up cussing for Lent. It is going very well. I've only messed up twice and those weren't very bad words. Even the kids have noticed that Mommy doesn't say bad words anymore!

Don't I sound bad? Drinking and cussing in one post! Good thing my Baptist preacher grandfather can't read this!

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Tressa said...

So glad you had a great weekend and birthday!
I love how honest you are about your cussing. I tend to swear too at times, and I have been challenged by your will to stop. I havent been cussing much lately.
Today though, I was about to say "Shhh.." and I changed it into "shhhlammy" and it made me and the girls bust out laughing. So I think I might try SHLAMMY in the future. ;)

Angela said...

Love it! I too a coming up with new ways to vent!