Monday, January 3, 2011

Menu Planning

I've been searching google for menu planning ideas for REAL families and I can't find what I'm looking for...Any suggestions?

We are trying to eat at home more often. We both enjoy cooking but having three kids takes much of the fun out of dinner time. There is always a complainer in the bunch and it is sometimes one of the parents :) Most of the time it is just easier to eat out. Everyone gets what they want and there is no prep or clean up. But there are multiple trips to the bathroom, bedtime routines in disarray and blown budgets to deal with instead. A simple trip to our favorite fast-food hamburger place is at least $25. This just adds up to too much money spent on junk food.

So this week I jotted down a menu on my grocery list, went to the store and bought groceries for at least 5 days and then lost my list. We've worked our way through most of the groceries and I can't think of what we want to eat next. I know I planned another trip to the store tonight but what was I supposed to buy?

Here is what my menu looked like for this week: Saturday - ribs, homemade cole slaw, corn on the cob

Sunday: fajitas, chips and homemade salsa, guacamole, pineapple

Monday: maple glazed chicken, sides to be decided

Tuesday: Pork Chops, homemade macaroni and cheese, green beans

What next?

No comments: