Sunday, August 17, 2008

Here's the Flubber

Here's the recipe for flubber. We made our's pink but decided that next time we will make it green - a little more appropriate for slime! I think you could half the recipe and make two colors but I haven't tried it yet. You could for sure mix the food coloring to make a new color. Ours lasted a week in an old cookie dough container. It may have lasted longer in a better sealed container or if they hadn't played with it so much but what's the fun in that?

Mix 1 1/3 cups warm water with 3 teaspoons Borax
In another container mix 1 1/2 cups warm water with 2 cups white glue and a few drops of food coloring.
Combine the two until a ball forms. Make sure the kids watch because it is really cool!

See, it couldn't be easier. I stocked up on the cheap glue while it has been on sale so we can make it several times throughout the year. It takes about 4 bottles of school glue which I bought for 15 cents each at HEB. I don't remember how much the Borax was but I have been using it in my laundry in place of oxyclean - I do know that it is much cheaper. Have fun!

We have a crazy week ahead and I am lucky enough to be sick (as well as DH and the G-Monkey) so I doubt I'll be blogging much.

No comments: