Saturday, July 26, 2008

Kitchen Redo, VBS, Important Dates...

I have a few minutes this morning so I thought I would jot down a few thoughts...

We have been so busy lately, I feel like my head is spinning! And, in the middle of the busyness our vintage (old) wall oven from 1959 died. Well, actually, amazingly, the door broke, the oven was still working great. Of course, as with all things in our vintage home, the fix has been complicated. A new wall oven wouldn't just slide right in the old space and the nearest size which would require the least amount of work to install, was tiny inside...wouldn't even fit the cookie sheet I use most often (every day). So, DH has been working very hard to cut away the part of the kitchen cabinet/counter that had the cooktop so we can install a beautiful and big new freestanding range. The space where the wall oven was will now contain the microwave and when finished will have a shelf for my pretty platters or for cutting boards. I'm not sure what I'll put there. I asked for shelves for my cookbook collection but the horrified look on my husband's face told me that wouldn't be happening. We already had the new flooring for the kitchen but hadn't put it in due to the lack of an installation kit which conveniently arrived this week. So, with the help of some great friends...I will have a newish kitchen soon. I can't wait to cook on my new range. For the past week I have had neither oven nor cooktop and we have existed on electric skillet, slow cooker and microwave food or in other words, a lot of takeout!

The other happening in our lives is the start of VBS this Sunday. I am anticipating an insane week with work and then VBS from 6-9 every night. We are going to play hooky on Wednesday though, for DH's birthday. There will be a family dinner somewhere of his choice. VBS ends on Friday with a Family Mass and a performance by the kids and then a dinner at church. I'm sure I'll have all kinds of pictures soon.

I've mentioned DH's birthday on Wednesday but we have another important date coming up a week from today - our 11th anniversary! So much blogging to be done, so little time. Check back for updates and pictures. I am still practicing baby steps so it may be a little at a time!

Have a great weekend!

P.S. I haven't been able to log into playlist so my music hasn't changed. Anyone know what's up?

1 comment:

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Wow, awesome things happening to your kitchen! Get the recipes ready. ha! Happy birthday to DH and an early Happy Anniversary to you guys. Lots of celebrating this month:)