Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Where's My Mom's Night?

Since last summer my friends and I have been having a monthly "Mom's Night In". A sort of potluck at each other's homes where we vent, laugh, celebrate, bond. It has been such a fun time and a real pick me up most months. I know we all love it and look forward to it. SO WHERE DID IT GO?????!!!!!! The last few months it has been really sporadic. Last night, we missed it all together! What to do???? I feel like I need to host it to get it going again but my house is completely torn apart! In the middle of redoing the girls' room, I got pneumonia. Our new flooring is stacked in the dining room awaiting the arrival of the installation kit. There are toys everywhere! The laundry is behind and I am down to doing the dishes once a day! What's a mom to do???? Maybe I should host a cleaning party! Just Kidding!

What I want to know is, how do you get things back in order after letting it get out of control? What are your tips? And, where do you like to go with your girlfriends? Are we all just in an end-of-the year funk?

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Getting back on track........well......for me, if its on the calendar, it gets done.
After the day is done, I cross it off and feel like I have accomplished a goal, no matter how small. It may be as simple as:
1. Work out 8:30
2. Dog to groomer 11:00
3. Clean out hall closet
Whatever works for you!
Moms Night......couldnt go last night...husband had a meeting at 6:30. Next month on that third Monday I will be gone.....maybe July for me!

Angela said...

I will also have a problem with next month - I start work the next day! I haven't worked since before my oldest was born...what was I thinking taking a summer job???? How about a movie night in the next couple of weeks? There are some good chick flicks out, I think.

SG said...

I feel your pain. I am currently snowed under by house stuff. The fly lady what use me as an example of what not to do. My only advice is don't let your Mom's night get away for too long. Mine disappeared three or four years ago and I have yet to"find" it again! :)

Vanessa said...

movie night works for me.........
let me know when and where!

Tressa said...

GIRL, I think its the end of the year funk! I have been drowing in dishes and laundry, and end of school deadlines and parties and such. I think life will slow down for me when school is over. At least I hope it will!!
Let me know about the next time, I think if even we go out to Starbucks- that would be more than enough!
I really want to get together with you soon! With or without kids!!
Tressa