Saturday, May 24, 2008

Pomp and Circumstance







Baby Girl had her kindergarten celebration/graduation Thursday night. It was too cute! She was a little nervous before it started but she did great. She had lines to say, "And, we would like to sing some of our favorite songs for you." And, she was featured in two songs, the ORANGE song and "I Can't Spell Hippopotamus". I think my favorite was First Grade, First Grade to the tune of New York, New York. I didn't cry but I did have one scary moment when she walked in wearing a cap and gown to "Pomp and Circumstance". I had one of those flash forward moments to her high school graduation. I know the time will go by in the blink of an eye. It was a great reminder that these days of small children are fleeting and need to be cherished.

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

I didn't get sad about the end of school until that program! It just made me sad to think that I am 2/3 done with kindergarten! What a magical year.

Vanessa said...

SO CUTE!