Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Last Days and First Days

The last days of school were soooo busy but very fun. Princess A had her end of year party on Thursday. I was brave and took the little ones with me to watch for a few minutes. They did well considering that it is very hard to be 3 and not allowed to participate! Mr. P loved it though. There was a dj playing songs from the 80's and he loves to dance! I remember at one moment thinking that when I was in Catholic school in the 80's we weren't allowed to listen to Madonna and here she was playing at a kindergarten party...I felt really old!

As the day went on I realized that the G-Monkey still wasn't acting like herself...she had a fever and some tummy troubles and she ended up vomiting on Friday morning! She is fine now and didn't require a doctor's visit but she is still really tired and we are all paying the price with her tantrums.

The last day was really exciting for the princess. Daddy went that day to James Avery and bought her a "real" necklace that she loves. So far, she only takes it off to bathe. That night we took her out for dinner. I wish I could say it was fun but everyone was exhausted and NOT on their best behavior. Next time I will be the parent that says - let's put this off - instead of trying to just fit it all in.

The weekend was just a regular weekend. We tried to rest but the girls fought a lot and we ended up wishing we had kept them busier. Lesson learned.

Monday was very nice. We had the Princess' first (in a really long time) Grandma Day that included lunch at a favorite restaurant and a visit to MeMaw's and PaPaw's. Last night the Princess lost her second tooth and looks so cute! I was really worried that she would look snaggle toothed but she just got cuter - how is it possible?

Today we stayed home but I tried to keep them busier. We had a nap time! All three kids asleep at the same time! We started the summer allowance system and I think the girls are pretty excited about it. They each have a paper and whenever they help with a chore (and finish it) or make a really good choice they get a sticker. Each sticker is worth 10 cents on payday. The only thing is that the Princess already asked if she could have a sticker for getting her sister a yogurt out of the fridge. My response : I'm not going to pay you to be nice to your sister. We'll have to see how this goes... By the way - the reason they wanted yogurt is that they refused the dinner I made them. Yes, Mom, I am getting paid back in spades. I can hear you laughing from here!

Check back next week for pictures from our trip. We are so excited to take our first family trip with all three kids! Pray for us!

No comments: