Thursday, June 12, 2008

Random Thoughts...

I can't believe I never blogged about our trip! I'll just say that it was a lot of fun. The girls didn't fight once while we were gone (like they are fighting now!). It was a much needed break for me. At one point we were all five around this little table in the kitchen just laughing and having fun and I thought, this is what it's all about. I think it really helped us that there was no tv reception. I'm betting that families were closer when there wasn't a boob tube to stare at. I wish I could be brave enough to get rid of ours but I'm not. I like tv too much. We have discussed upgrading our cable service so that we can just dvr the shows we like and not waste time flipping channels....but what would we do for fun?

Anyway, we loved the trip and can't wait for the next one. Princess A and I loved the history we saw. She really got excited to hear that some of her "people" were history makers in Texas. We even visited Round Top, a town that some of our ancestors started. I can't wait to take her to the Alamo and let her see the names of our relatives on the memorial there...

We all enjoyed Blue Bell and I discovered a new favorite flavor...Birthday cake. I realized I hadn't tried a new flavor since I was a little girl and tried pink bubblegum at Baskin Robbins...I need to get out more!

Mr. P. seemed to enjoy the miniature horses the most. I never knew he liked animals so much. I foresee lots of zoo trips in our future.

The G monkey says she liked it all! And, I really think she did. She never seemed bored and except for around nap time her behavior was great. I also noticed that she really bonded with Daddy this trip and came home more of a Daddy's Girl than ever!

Daddy and really all of us had a lot of fun fishing. We made some great memories!

Now it is time to get back to routine and a new start for us. I'll be starting teaching MDO next week. I think it will be great for the girls to have this to do over the summer but I am worried about P and me. I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments: