Thursday, June 19, 2008

J.O.B.

Whew! We made it through our first week of my working. Can you really call it a job if you only put in 12 hours a week? If you get paid for it, you can.

We had two really good days this week. The first day was a little more hectic, with more kids in my class and Mr. P. not doing too well in his. Today was much more smooth. Both days, to my immense relief, we were ready to go in plenty of time to stop at Sonic for a Diet Coke, a must for a good day! Also, I managed to get out of cooking both nights :) Always a good thing.

The Princess seems to find it the most odd that Mommy has to go to work! She can't stop saying it, but as with VBS the past two years, she seems proud too. G-Monkey is just happy to be able to finally go to a "school" after two years of watching big sister leave her behind. We have been having some behavior issues with her again at home but DH and I brainstormed and we have some good ideas to deal with it. Hopefully, things will get a little easier soon.

As for me, I am proud too. I really stressed about this decision. I really don't feel like P is ready to be in a childcare situation but I knew the girls would love it and with me teaching it is free for them so I agreed to try it for the summer. I really like it and I am pleasantly surprised. I don't remember ever having a job I liked, even on the first day. But, I like this one. The days fly by, the kids are precious. The questions are - what will a bad day be like? And, should I continue in the fall or stay home as planned? I didn't think it would be a hard decision but it looks like it might...

No comments: