Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Very First Day of First Grade

Here is a post without pictures because I'm so tired I can't see straight.

We all had a good first day. The princess did great today. We walked her in and left her at her desk. I think she would have been fine with that but I had to get in a hug and a couple "I love you's". It is so hard to leave her there all day, knowing she will be tired and might want me but I can't be there. Soon, we'll both be used to it again but today I am a little sad. But, I didn't cry like last year so I am making progress too.

She has a few friends from last year in her class and made a new friend today that she saw at recess sometimes last year but never really got to know. She said someone threw up but he wasn't nervous, he was sick. Great. That's what a mom likes to hear.

She had PE today and that is her favorite so she was happy with that. She got to sit next to who she felt like at lunch instead of assigned seats like last year so she thought that was good and she said they have lots of potty breaks instead of only two like last year. Could this be the sign of a more experienced teacher?

It was also our first day back at MDO. The G-Monkey has been moved up to a preschool class and she really seems to like it. She wants to learn to write her name. This is funny to me because I have tried several times to work on this with her and she never wants to try. Great if her teachers can get her to do it!

Mr. P. did great as always and lately hasn't even been crying when I drop him off.

I had a crazy day with 13 crying kids in my class. I lost count of diapers changed around 20...I hope it will get better soon. I heard the first day is always crazy.

I'll try to get pictures up tomorrow afternoon. I have MOPS in the morning.

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

Yes, I heard about the throw upper as well! I am looking forward to another great year!

SG said...

Rhett WAS the throw-upper in his class today! At least it wasn't the first day of school.

Vanessa said...

Glad you are all surviving! I am so far behind on my blog that I haven't even gotten to the first day of school yet!!!! YIKES!

The Waco Newmans said...

would not that job with 20+ diapers and crying kids- God Bless you!!! love the blog :)