Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Unemployed

This time last week I had a job. Now I don't. You may remember how I struggled over the decision about working MDO. It seemed the perfect job for me and a great way to show my commitment to going debt free but against every thing we had worked for with me staying home with the kids. Well, the weird thing is that as soon as I committed to the job, we were able to go debt free sooner than anticipated. Then, DH received a promotion. Then school started and our household fell apart. So, another hard decision. It was time for me to leave MDO.

I would recommend working there if you need a little extra $$. It was fun, a break from my kids and at home responsiility, social and lucrative. But, I never was caught up on laundry, we ate out even more than ususal because I was so tired on those days. DH was not happy with it. I missed my friends and a more flexible schedule. The G-monkey was not loving it. I guess she just needs more time at home with mom and this is her last year to get it.

So, all in all, I am feeling good about quitting. It was a blessing when I needed it and hopefully it is blessing my replacement.

Playdate on Tuesday or Thursday anyone? Lunch? Adult conversation? Anyone? Anyone?

No comments: