Sunday, December 28, 2008

Better Late Than Never!

I'm supposed to be cleaning and organizing all the new Christmas gifts so what better time to blog?

Here is a look at our Christmas decorations...just in time for me to put them away!



This is the tree in the girls' bathroom. It was in their room last year but we have redone their room and they had space for something bigger so we thought we'd have a little cheer in this very important room too!
This is the "kid tree" in the den. It has homemade ornaments, boy themed ornaments and character ornaments like Winnie the Pooh and Dora.
This is what I did with the Christmas cards this year to keep Little Man from tearing them up. I swagged both sides of the doorway and taped the picture cards to the door frame. I think we all liked it and it might be a new tradition.

This is our Santa key. It lets Santa in our front door because we don't have a fireplace. The girls LOVE this tradition. We hang it from our door wreath last thing before they go to bed Christmas Eve. It hangs in the Christmas tree all season soaking up Christmas Magic, according to the Princess.

This is our main tree in the dining room. It looks a litte different this year because of Little Man. I bought new shatter proof ornaments and didn't use any of my collection of blown glass ornaments. Also, over time the decorations seem to have crept up the tree, right about girl height. Hmmm?
This is our Advent Wreath, complete with crooked candles courtesy of Little Man. We light this on our table every time we eat a meal together during Advent. The girls love to be the one to blow out the candles. One candle is lit during each week of Advent so you can see this was taken right before Christmas as all four are lit.

There are a couple more pics to add but I am getting "The Look" from DH because he is working hard and I am hardly working!

2 comments:

Blessings from the Reeds said...

What great decorations! I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas.

Emily said...

Hey Angela! I just found your blog via facebook. I feel like between Erin, facebook and now your blog that I know you more than what I know you. Does that even make sence? Erin keeps telling me how much we are alike! We need to all get together and have a girls night!
BTW, I blog too but mine is private, I don't mind adding you if you want, but I don't think I have your email address. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Emily