Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sidelined

Well, here I sit, in my bed with the door closed, cut off from my family. Somehow, I have pneumonia. The doctor is letting me stay home, instead of in the hospital, as long as I don't get around the kids, for their sake and mine. I said I needed a rest and I guess I got it! As they say, "Be careful what you wish for!" I guess we'll find out what is really important in our Christmas celebrations because I am expected to be out of commission for around three weeks. I am so thankful that I plan ahead. Maybe now I won't be made fun of for being such a planner! Christmas shopping is almost taken care of, Christmas cards are ready and will go out today. DH is going to get a turn at Christmas cookies with the kids this year but since he worked at The Cookie Company during college, I think he can handle it! I'm missing four Christmas parties this week and I am REALLY MISSING my kids! But, I am finding a greater appreciation for my life and family and I betcha' they are finding a greater appreciation for me! There is always a silver lining!

4 comments:

Waco Newmans said...

wow, what a Christmas gift! I'll be praying for you!! sorry you are so sick. ANewman

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Get well soon! Just say the word and I will come be your nurse:) Praying for you.

Angela said...

Thank you sweet friends!

Nancy said...

Oh no!! I hope you heal up fast. that's no fun :(

Do you guys have two computers/laptops with video cameras? You could "chat" with your kiddos that way through Skype or something (it's free, but you need the cameras). Not entirely the same thing, but ...

I'll be thinking of you!!